Reconnecting Arts is pleased to announce our 2019 open call that invites Arab – Middle Eastern artists to respond to the theme COLLISION.
: the conflict of opposed ideas, wishes, attitudes.
: an event in which two or more particles come together with a resulting change of direction and energy.
Our last exhibition asked you to show us the Transition of your experiences; and through change, it is inevitable we may encounter collisions along the way.
While the Middle East and Arabs, in general, are often grouped as one homogeneous entity, assuming everyone believes the same, thinks the same and acts the same. The reality is like everywhere else, the collision of ideas and attitudes and experiences are always present. We want to welcome an open discussion and exploration of the different viewpoints that may collide.
We now ask you to let us into the colliding experiences of then and now. Whether the collision takes place through the different artistic mediums and methods you use, or the ideas you voice, the journeys you take colliding with time, various cultural and social understandings or the multiple identities we may feel, the collaborations we’ve encountered, navigating boundaries of the personal and public or the colliding memories of a distant time or future.
Geographically, personally or artistically, we want to see, hear or feel the way in which colliding ideas and experiences have been explored through your creativity.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PROJECT TO US.
- Subject Line: “COLLISION _ (Your name).”
- Full Name
- Country / Origin
- Website Link
- About yourself (Bio)
- About your project in detail, (idea, message, inspiration?)
- Attach images to the email/dropbox only! (NO Wetrasfer files).
- You can send this information in the body of an email OR
- You can download a template here: COLLISION_ RECONNECTING ARTS and email it to us.
- Amount: There is no limit to how many works you submit to us, as this depends on the medium chosen. However, all the works must be from the same project you are submitting.
- Quality: All works need to be in high-quality 300 dpi or scanned at 300 dpi quality.
- Videos/Films need a link to Youtube or Vimeo. If password protected, please provide the password.
- We will consider work by non-Middle Eastern – Arab artists if their work fits into the theme.
Paintings, Graphic Design, Doodles, Sketchbooks, Photography, Illustrations, Film, Sound, Performance, Sculpture, Zines, Poetry, Short stories/essays, and anything else creative is accepted.
- We accept previously published/exhibited work.
- We are open to ideas/concepts being sent to us, but the work must be finished 1 month before the outcome.
The outcome will be a variety of opportunities throughout 2019.
31ST MARCH 2019.